07 November 2007

SAFE AND SOUND

Sorry it has taken me so long to post something, but the connectivity is very bad. I am going to have to figure out a good solution for posting things. I am pretty much settled safe and sound. I have seen most of the units that work for us and visited most of the main bases. Things are very hectic and it looks like it will be a dead sprint for the entire deployment.

Quick funny story that summed up my entire travels over here. I flew out of Washington Dulles and as I was waiting to check in for my mammoth flight, they evacuated the entire airport for a "breach" in the security area. Next thing I know there are thousands of people standing outside watching the authorities scurry around. I thought I would miss my flight, but they ended up pushing it an hour. Here I thought Iraq would be the danger area and instead it is Dulles.

I will post much more later with information and pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone must have carried 4 ounces of liquid through security. Yikes.
Glad you're getting settled in.

Anonymous said...

All my friends say how thankful they are for our troops that are sacrificing so we can be safe here at home. Our prayer is that all come home safely.